Blockchain and cryptocurrency technology continues to disrupt the modern economy, and the impact of recent accelerated digitization in businesses is felt as this technology is used more widely in everyday transactions. With advice and advice on all issues relating to blockchain and digital assets, we can help you gain a competitive advantage in this emerging environment.
The Manatt team uses their deep and deep-rooted understanding of this cutting-edge technology to represent emerging and growth companies that are at the forefront of the digital transformation of the financial services industry, as well as traditional finance and technology companies entering the fintech space would like. Our strengths and our national platform allow us to work in many disciplines – including financial services, corporate and finance, M&A, digital and technology, and privacy and data security. As a nationally recognized fintech market leader, we rely on our clients to be trusted advisors to anticipate and tackle the challenges in this evolving industry.
What we do
With a multidisciplinary approach, we offer a wide range of services, from regulatory advice and compliance programs to dealmaking and representation in enforcement actions and litigation. Because of our established relationships with regulatory agencies across the country, including the New York Department of the Treasury and the California Department of Finance and Innovation, we regularly advise on best practices and enforcement issues, including answering investigations.
Our team is ready to employ our deep bank of professionals to tailor legal solutions to your specific business goals. Our range of services includes:
- Decentralized financing (DeFi)
- Legal compliance
- Token distributions
- Platform development and launch
- Risk finance, SAFE and SAFT agreements
- Fund formation, remuneration and advisory agreements
- Fund portfolio investments
- Intellectual Property Protection, Enforcement, and Litigation
- Security offers and initial public offerings
- Advice from broker-dealer
- State and federal enforcement issues
- Lender and Money Transmitter Licenses
- BitLicense registration
- Compliance with monetary services / money transmitters
- Tax issues and onshore / offshore geolocation
Who we work with
Our team acts as the external general counsel for dozens of leading blockchain and cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms, as well as for companies investing in the space.
Selected customers are:
- Blockchain Finance (BlockFi)
- Centrifuge, Inc.
- Compound Labs
- Davoa Capital
- DeFi Alliance
- DRW Holdings
- GMO-Z.com Trust LLC
- ICON Foundation
- Market Uprising / Voyager Digital
- World coin